Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Blogtober 12, 2011 - "How I pose my woolies"

"A Jersey Wooly should be posed in their natural position to display a high head mount, thus accentuating the compact type and bold head. A Jersey Wooly should not be stretched out or over tucked. Their head must not be pushed or forced down. These practices distort the desired conformation."
The standard allows for many interpretations of the way a Wooly should be posed. Some pose high, like a Netherland Dwarf, some pose some where in the middle, and the really daring choose not to pose at all (i.e carpet huggers). I choose to pose in the middle. I feel like this is the best way to show off the rabbits body. To help me show you examples, are Do You Remember and OPI!

Do You remember is showing off my version of the correct Wooly pose. Keep in mind, everyone interprets the standard differently. I feel like this shows the roundness of body, and properly shows if he is undercut, flat over shoulder or hindquarters, among other things.

__________________________________________________________________________

Now Mr. Remember is showing us his favorite way to pose; way too high! I feel like this can easily make the rabbit look undercut, not well rounded, and almost too compact, to the point where it looks over posed. Again, this is the judgment of this picture, not the overall type of woolies posed like this.

__________________________________________________________________________


 My explanations above are also shown here by OPI. The difference in the two different ways of posing are huge, and his body type looks significantly different.


__________________________________________________________________________

What am I trying to explain? That the pose should be a correct representation of the rabbit. Sometimes posing up high does the rabbit justice, and sometimes it doesn't. My opinion will stick: I like 'em posed in the middle.

Today's Blogtobers:

No comments:

Post a Comment