Thursday, September 8, 2011

Philosophical look on things

Today my philosophy teacher linked economy and nose neighbors together. He said that with a bad economy, neighbors are most likely to look at other neighbors and think "What are you doing wrong", and are most likely to report it. Of course I linked this to rabbits. We all know the economy is going down, and everyone thinks it's 10x worse than it is, but could the economy going down be partially to blame for the latest "attacks"/calls to the AC regarding breeders? Could the lack of a stable economy really lead people to, essentially, tattle on our neighbors, the ones we would hope would call the cops if someone were breaking in? It just seems like a very interesting topic, and I was wondering why that would be.

I wonder if it's because of the increased paranoia with the instability of the economy, and in turn people's lives and well being. I think it could be a case of "I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, you're not, therefor you will get punished".

If the economy were better, there would be more ignorance to your neighbors, and more of a "their life, not mine, I'm happy, who cares". Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. But, is there even a way to explain one's actions? Probably not, but what could lead to their actions, I believe, can be assumed.

This topic has a whole lot of thought to it. I posted a topic about it at Rabbit Addict here ----> http://s4.zetaboards.com/Rabbit_Addict/topic/9065343/1/#new

In the mean time, I'm off to Emerson with Lexi. This should be fun and interesting!

Take care, Kristina.


No comments:

Post a Comment