Sunday, September 11, 2011

Paige, the cute fat bunny

Paige is an orange Netherland Dwarf. She was one of the first show rabbits I ever got, and the only ND I have left after my sell out a few years ago. She is cute, sweet, and one of the families favorites. She I got her breed, and she had 4 babies. 2 peanuts, and 1 black, and 1 chestnut. The last 2 died at a later age. I was never able to breed her because of her weight, and her weight never went down no matter how hard I tried.

In 2009 we went on a cruise to Nassau, and we went to the local zoo. There they had this FAT prairie dog:



Now, I know you're thinking "how in the world does a rabbit look like a prairie dog?
Well, it's quite easy if you're Paige!





Yup... She's a cutie. The calmest rabbit we own, too.

Aside from Paige business, nothing is really happening in the rabbitry. Rabbits are molting, rabbits are getting their fur ready for convention, and one bunny is hopefully bred. I really hope Iris passes this litter alive. She's had DOA stretched babies for her past 2 litters, hopefully a different buck will cause her to have a live litter. She really needs it, she gets so depressed when she has nothing to take care of.

Take care everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment