Saturday, September 17, 2011

Love forever

There is one person in my life that I truly have to thank for supporting me in my rabbit addiction. He'll probably never see this, but I still want to say it.


Most guys are very apprehensive about the idea of their girlfriend/wife showing rabbits. Spencer did think it was weird at first, but after I convinced him to go, he did seem to start showing an interest in showing. For his birthday (18th, I believe) I bought him his own rabbit at a show, an American Fuzzy Lop, he named Cookies and Cream:

He fell in love with this adorable baby, and I think at that point, he knew he was stuck with rabbits forever.

Up until this year I have had nothing but bad luck with litters. In the 4 years I have been breeding, only 2 litters were born, none of which survived. Then in December of '10 I let Spencer take charge, and one month later, I have 2 litters! One of which was Marshmallow, the love of my bunny life! Since then, he has been in charge of the breedings, and we talk about who would work together, and he suggests combinations, and when we should breed. That was a major change in my herd, one that I honestly blame on him.

Not only does he help organize the breedings, he also helps me decide my POL! He's slowly learning how to pose the Woolies, and what to look for, and in the end we choose, together, which one we are keeping.

It really is hard to explain how he has impacted my life.

Happy anniversary Spencer. Together 3 years, married for 6 months ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment