Monday, September 12, 2011

Convention hopefuls, and broken cages

I was going through my rabbits today, thinking about who I can possibly show for convention. Marshmallow is a no, she's still molting out that junior coat. :( Irish Lass just hit a molt, so I bred her. I don't plan on keeping Ziva long enough to show her, I hope that she goes back to her owner, if not, I have a buyer who is interested in her. Braden is the biggest disappointment. Ever since he hit that molt in the spring he has not been able to recover his coat. I may end up leaving him behind. Tea Cup is just a mess, which is why her picture isn't on the website yet. O.P.1. Is also molting, and Night and Holly are brood does, so they don't go to the shows.

Basically that leaves my only options: Do You Remember (I was so surprised with hit coat today!), Emma (Looking hawt), Yo-Yo-Ma (junior), and Deuce (junior). 4, not bad. I think that's the number I brought that year. Not too bad, it'll be a small number, my best show doe, my second best buck (probably my best since Braden is in bad coat), 2 juniors that I have no idea how they'll stand up next to the top dogs. This should be interesting, to say the least.

In other news, I was fiddling with Gimp today, and made this pretty logo:

Yes, I need to crop out the dead space, but that's for another day. I'll probably make another one, way better on another day. I was fighting with the program, and stopped caring about perfecting the image towards the end.  I think the general idea is nice, and it will look better when executed better, lol.

I had to take Holly out of her cage. I haven't looked in her cage for a while,  and I noticed that part of the wire had rotted out. I scooped her out right away, and she's hopping on the couch as I write this. We have the wire to replace it, I'm just waiting for either my dad, or Spencer to come home to figure out how we should go about fixing it. I don't know if I want to take out the whole bottom, or just replace that section. I had to replace a section of Do You Remember's cage, but that was just a tiny section. Holly's is bigger. I think I want to replace her whole cage bottom, and possibly her neighbors as well. I will probably make another blog post later about the progress of repairing her cage. Just for the heck of it.

This is why I want to build my own cages. It's way cheaper to repair, and build. For now, here are some cute pictures of Holly playing with a toilet paper roll on the couch:





The towel is so if she pees, she pees on the towel, not the couch. So, naturally she digs up a corner, then pees. Silly rabbit.


UPDATE: Read here --> Click Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment