Monday, January 30, 2012

How I stay organized

I want to warn you, lots of pictures ahead! I will show you my file folder box, my pedigree book, and screen shots of the different folders on my  computer that I stay organized with.


This is the fourth installment of my little "What's in my..." series. It wasn't a series until now!

My showbox Contains
Bunny 911 (My medical box)
Some of my rabbitry templates


Ok, now on to the interesting stuff!


My box. Yes, the lid is lopsided. I've had it for a few years, and this is what it gets after having my cat sit on it from time to time. I bought it at Target btw.






Such a dirty carpet... Anywho. This is what I keep my worming dates, and weights in. Pretty important little notebook.





Sales book that I don't even use... I really need to though.



A lot of old show papers. So many papers!!!!


This is a folder for Honey Bun. She was the rabbit that really got me back into showing, and all of her legs,, pedigree, registration paper, and comment cards are kept in here. She's the only one that has her own folder.




Past rabbits. Mostly rabbits that have died. Their legs, pedigrees, and registration papers are in here. 




A dollar at Target!! I used to keep the legs either in an envelope in the pedigree folder, or just in their pedigree pocket thingy. This is soooooo much nicer. They're all in one place now.



Organized by ear number.



They all fit so I don't have to worry about size or anything.


This is my pedigree book. I swap it out depending on where I'm going, that's why it's not fancy. If I'm going to convention, I'll only take the one's I'm bringing with me. I organize by Buck/Doe. Blue for buck, purple for doe.



This is the general layout. In the back of my pedigrees I keep any registration, or grand champion papers the rabbit may have. I organize each rabbit by Group first, then Variety, and then by name. It's easier to find rabbits that way.



On to the screen shots!!
Click to enlarge



This is the "Bunnies" folder. First we will take a look at the pedigrees folder.


I originally planned to scan all of my pedigrees onto my computer, and then onto my PlayBook, but my printer decided to not scan anymore. For now, this is all I have. The folder has all of my homebred's pedigrees in there.



Breeding lists. This is the folder that holds all of the breeding lists, and breeding information.




In another folder I keep my lists and various templates that I forgot I had. This one was for my to use when decided who to keep, and who to get rid of.



My basic show necessities list. Important when I feel like it's one of those forgetful days.


My travel list. It has everything I will need for a rabbit trip listed here. Very important.



One of my for sale lists. I do charge for tattooing. Here, if you don't people will swarm you with requests to tattoo, wont do them themselves (I have had a breeder come up to me who I know owns a tattooer), and they will make you late to your class. I've had this happen, and it's sooooo frustrating!



My pistures!!!! Probably one of the most important folders <3. I organize by rabbit, and my computer puts it alphabetically automatically.






So, that's how I stay organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment