Monday, January 16, 2012

Emma, Iris, babies? Oh my!

Emma is due today, but it's hard to determine if she's pregnant or not. She is so angry! Her last litter was the first and only one she's had. She's normally grumpy, but she was worse when she was pregnant. She mellowed out after she had the babies. She let me mess with them, which was nice. I wasn't fearful my hand was going to get boxed off for once.

I felt her stomach a few hours ago, and I held my hand under her belly and just waited. I felt 2 very soft nudges. Spencer came out at feeding time and messed with her. He is positive she's pregnant. He said she's still pretty high, and expects her to have them on Wednesday or late tomorrow night.

I also decided to have him feel Iris, the doe I have pretty much given up on. She got huge! I am so worried about her now. Spencer thinks she'll have them a day after Emma.

Spencer can pretty much tell when they're going to have them. He used to work at a guide dog facility in the whelping room. He was around the pregnant moms a lot, and birthed a few.

For now, here is a picture of Emma, and a few of my kitty.




3 comments:

  1. Is that Zeek cheering her on in the next cage??? <3

    I hope you get babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is him. He tries to steal hay from her. Silly monkey.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful kitty! Also good job Emma for working diligently on her nest! :)

    ReplyDelete