Friday, January 20, 2012

Bunny 911

There is one thing I hate when I need to treat a rabbit for some sort of illness, injury, or whatever and my stuff is scattered all over the place, and I can't find any of it. I became inspired by an old old OLD (2006) post on Rabbit Habbit which asked "what's in your rabbit medicine cabinet" <-- paraphrasing. I really really wanted to take that in a more literal sense, and have one spot to keep it all. That night I asked Spencer to take me out, and we went on a hunt for either a tackle box or a tool box. I ended up with a tool box, since the tackle boxes have become way more complicated than when I bought my show box.


I finally found one at Walmart, and it's rather large! It was 10 bucks, and I have to say it's perfect!




Below is how I have everything organized.




In the pull out part of it I have my Benebac,  baby food, some plastic bags, hand sanitizer, and a pocket knife.



 
This is the inside view of the main compartment




This is a little fishing organizing box. I don't know what it's used for. I don't fish, and I didn't look at the label. I have cotton balls/pads, a needle, syringe, and a dropper in the middle slot, and q-tips and 2 pairs of gloves in the last two slots.




This is where I keep most of my syringes and needles. I also have a few bags in there too.




My little supervisor for this blog post.



I have another bag of Benebac that expires at a later date.



Corn starch!!!! A must have. It cleans up the rabbits messy bums, and it stops bleeding.




Wazine, what I use to deworm.



Pedialyte for when I need to add electrolytes to their water.



KMR, bought for Penelo. Never know when it'll be useful.



I've never used these. They were given to me, so I figured why not keep it where I wont loose it.



Lastly a very, very, old towel.



Of course I will be adding to it as event occur, but for now this is all I have.

1 comment: