Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Show blooms



While I was thinking about who to show, I was left with a few choices. These choices have me thinking about the rule I have set for myself. I only show up to 4 rabbits per show. The only exception is when I have a bunch of juniors that I want to get comments on, even then the most I've shown was 7.

I keep my numbers down on purpose.
  1. To save money
  2. More room in the car
  3. I don't compete for sweeps, so I don't see the point in showing rabbit X when rabbit Y can beat them anyday.

Maybe one day, when I am running for sweeps, I will show more, and try to be more competitive with numbers. For now I want to focus on my herd, and build it as strong as I can with the limited amount of space that I have.
    I am excited to show Deuce tomorrow. He is the first homegrown buck that I am keeping, so I hope it goes well with him. I'm entering Braden, Emma, Iris (who just started to blow her coat, brat), and Deuce. I am also bringing Chewy to be looked at, and have his color confirmed, as well as N3 to be put on the raffle. Should be a slow day, not expecting anything big to happen, although I am contemplating on bringing Marshmallow to be registered. She is looking so pretty, and I think she may have her coat in by convention! I can't wait to show her, she is my pride and joy, and the heart of my rabbitry.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment