Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jumping on the band wagon

Well, since everyone else is doing goals, I'll do mine too!! I set mine pretty low for this year. But hey, gotta start somewhere! Plus it's a good motivator. I was going to wait, but with 6/7 completed, and no more shows for the year, I figured why not!


1. Get a net book (or a cheap keyboard for my PC), and purchase Evan's Software. I have a Mac, so I have to make my pedigrees the long way digitally. I want Evan's so bad.   
Well, this one I gave up on. I'm really happy with my pedigrees, and I'll worry about buying Evans when I have a larger herd. Right now I'm doing a good job doing everything manually.
2. Grand Champion a rabbit. Oh my gosh I am cursed! I think this is a generally achievable goal. I am waiting on registration papers for a rabbit, and after that I have everything I need to GC him. Unfortunately, every time I've registered a rabbit, they passed away. I hope this goes away with the year of the rabbit!  
Braden is the first rabbit that I GC. Emma will be the second, if I ever get around to sending her papers in.
3. Babies! I wont even bother explaining my problems. I just want a live litter that has the potential to live for years to come.  
I had 2 litters born the first week of January. Call this one checked!!! I've had about 3 years worth of trying to breed, and nothing to show for it. 
4. Place more rabbits at ARBA Convention this year. I placed 2 out of the 4 I brought last year. I really want to place more than just those 2, and be more selective with which rabbits I bring. 
Placed 3 out of 5 this year!!!

5. Bring homegrown Jerseys to Convention
FP's Deuce is my first ever homegrown to show at convention. I wish it was Marshmallow, but she was in mid coat.

6. Build new cages to replace the older ones. I want to utilize the "gutter system" style of rabbit cages, and I plan on building some this year so we can use them when I move.  
We already have 2 cages built, with plans to build 2 more. The gutter system wont be built until we settle down.

7. Put a leg on a home grown rabbit. This is important for every breeder, and I think I can do this one. 
My first ever homegrown, FP's Marshmallow, took a BOB at her first show in April, and earned 2 more legs as a very young junior.

I'll have to think of goals for next year... I think I'm going to throw in some toughies this time, just to add a challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading these kind of posts and seeing everyone's progress. :-) Can't wait to see your goals for 2012!

    ReplyDelete