Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baby news

Long time no blog! The last one didn't count, took no effort to write. It's been over a week since I put any real thought into a post here. Finals was kicking my butt this semester. I had 4 tests last Thursday, only 3 classes btw. 2 of them were finals, one I knew was going to be easy (History). Religion was a bit difficult to study for, as we weren't really given much to go on as far as studying goes. I passed that one with a B. My other two tests were in Philosophy. One was on a book that I read that weekend prior (spent 3 days on that book) I passed that one, and the second one was a chapter test, which I got an A on. I felt good that day! Then came my Philosophy final, which was earlier today. That one was brutal. I also had nothing really to go on as far as studying. I think I got a B though... That class was hard.

So, while all this school shmuck was going on, we had a litter born on the 5th! Yes, A litter. Night had 4 babies, one being a peanut that is still alive to this day. Poor little guy. I named him Caden. The other 3 are doing really great. One is a REW, and the other 3 are Tan. I'm hoping for a Black Silver Marten, but I'll have to wait a bit to tell the difference. Here are some pictures:

30 minutes old

All 4 babies on their second day

One of the normal Tan babies

Peanut

Peanut with it's siblings.

One week, and one day old

One week, and one day old. Poor guy got peed on. He smells


Emma is due in 2 days. I have no idea if she'll have any. I hope so, I think the pairing will be fantastic! Both have really nice bodies. Plus I want to actually have some Agouti babies in the herd, since that is what I want to focus on.

Only time will tell. Till next time, toodles!

2 comments:

  1. Awe!! You finally have babies! :-D Love the pics, that otter is going to be adorable. Hope Emma gives you a nice early Christmas present this week. Maybe my doe will do the same-she and Emma are due at the same time. I'm ready for babies again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope so. Getting an Agouti other than Sable Chin would be lovely, especially if it's Opals! I love Opals.

    ReplyDelete