Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tip from the Wooly people!

I was browsing the NJWRC Facebook page yesterday and I came across a post talking about freezing water in a bowl. I decided, why not? So I took a bowl, filled it up, and stuck it in the fridge. Morning comes along, and I give it to a rabbit that I figured was smart enough to utilize this. Well, he did!



Toulouse is the rabbit that can't handle the heat as well as everyone else. I'm out there A LOT trying to make sure he's comfortable, and switching out water bottles and tiles. He got the bowl, and decided to use it as his main water source and drank about a third of it each time I switched them out. The second time, I even tossed 4 ice cubes in there, and he still drank a third of the water.


It is a great method for keeping the little guys cool, and I will probably use all of my bowls up if I see anyone else extremely uncomfortable by the heat. Right now, he is the only one.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment