Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chill Out!

During the summer months, it's often interesting to see how various rabbitries keep cool. There are a lot of different methods. I made a blog post a few days ago about the methods I suggest. Here are some pictures of the buns cooling off in the rabbitry.

Tea Cup relaxing next to her nestbox

Toulouse cooling off on top of a chilled tile and a frozen water bottle.

Our new fan. Putting a frozen bottle should, in theory, help blow cool air. I have yet to see a difference
Deuce with a freshly cleaned cage.

Gemma is the nosiest rabbit

Toulouse, enemy of heat, loves it when I put a cold towel on him. I get it wet, ring some of the water out, stick if in the freezer for a few minutes, and it's a cool blanket!

Hope your bunnies are fairing the heat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment